Jobs with the LitFest
This page is where you can find details of any job currently available with the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature.
If you wish to apply for any job listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, clearly stating in the subject line the title of the job for which you are applying.
Communications Coordinator, Arabic language
Manage all communication to reflect the vision of the Emirates Literature Foundation in the Arabic language while promoting all activities to the general public.
- Support the Head of Communications and the Communications Team with Arabic translations when needed.
- Support the execution of the Communications Strategy and ensure it is adapted in the Arabic language.
- Liaise with Sponsorship Manager to ensure commitments are up to date and met.
- Track all PR and Marketing plans to ensure they remain on schedule with the Arabic media.
- Organise the Press Office at the Event to ensure all stationary, electrical requirements, F&B and contact with the Official Photographer are easily available to the Media
- Ideate on Social Media campaigns and fan engagement.
- Support Communications and Programming:
- Liaise between Programming and Communications to provide logistical and marketing support for the Arabic content. Ensure all session updates are identified, tracked, managed and communicated.
- Ensure all required materials are sourced and organised in the Arabic language (blurbs, bios, photos)
- Verbal and written proficiency in Arabic
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Communications required or similar
About the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature
The Emirates Airline Festival of Literature is the Middle East’s largest celebration of the written and spoken word, bringing people of all ages and backgrounds together with authors from across the world to promote education, debate and above all else, love of reading and writing.
The Festival creates a wonderful opportunity for UAE nationals, residents and visitors to meet world famous authors, attend literary debates, listen to readings, participate in workshops and experience the exciting fringe and children’s events. With simultaneous translation between Arabic and English for all sessions, the Festival is a meeting of minds where ideas are shared and friendships are formed – not least among the authors themselves.
The Festival has become an eagerly anticipated annual event and in 2015 welcomed more than 130 writers, thinkers and speakers from 30 countries. More than 37,000 visitors attended the Festival which had over 200 one-off sessions and unique events to be experienced and enjoyed in a programme designed for wide appeal, with something to suit every taste.
The 2016 Festival will be held March 8-12, 2016 at the InterContinental Hotel, Dubai Festival City under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice-President & Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, and in partnership with Emirates and the Dubai Culture & Arts Authority (Dubai Culture), the emirate’s dedicated Authority for culture, arts, and heritage.
For all information and updates about the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature visit the website: www.emirateslitfest.com
We would prefer applicants who are on their husband’s/father’s visa. We look forward to receiving your application.
Emirates Airlines Festival of Literature
P.O. Box 24506, Dubai, UAE
P +9714 355 9844 | E email@example.com