At our annual Festival in March
The Festival is a huge event with many simultaneous sessions taking place requiring all kinds of jobs to be done. We need approximately 300 volunteers in March at the Festival.
Preference will be given to volunteers who can work full days especially on 10th, 11th & 12th March 2016. And to those volunteering for a minimum of 4 shifts.
Throughout the year
There are various events that take place at our offices, Dar Al Adaab near Dubai Creek, so we are always looking for volunteers to assist us at these events.
If you are interested in helping us out, please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name, contact information and availability. Please make the subject line clear, for example ‘Dar Al Adaab Event Volunteering’.
- After you submit the application form, you will receive a confirmation email
- All applications will be added to our volunteers database and selected candidates will be contacted in January 2016
- Placement confirmations will begin February 2016
- We can only accept a limited number of the most appropriate volunteers for each area. When all volunteer roles are filled, remaining applications will be added to a waiting list
We are sorry we are unable to provide:
- Visa assistance or sponsorship
- Flights or transport to/ from the venue
- Accommodation or any additional expenses
Volunteer roles and responsibilities*
- Room/ Area Managers
- Room Crew
- Area Crew
- Education Days
- School Visits
- Box Office
- Author Signing
- Queue Control
- Communications and Media
“I had a wonderful time volunteering at the EAFL. I learned a lot, heard a lot and met quite a few famous faces and the experience was rewarding.” – Najmus Sahar, Room Crew
“ Love books + Live in Dubai = Volunteering at the LitFest!” – Laura Allais, Assistant Room Manager
Other comments from Festival Volunteers:
“The atmosphere and positive energy radiated by the organisers was incomparable to any event I have ever had the privilege to participate in.”
“I think the room managers that I worked with were amazing. They constantly kept everyone motivating and they were up to their task.”
“The leadership from the room managers was really good, my room manager was really helpful and a great leader and he made me feel very appreciated by the team which was good.”
“The LitFest team was extremely wonderful and so much fun to be around! It was a worthwhile experience. I’d definitely come back for next year.”